Before the hustle and bustle of back to school begins, summer can be a good time to check the state of your career.
Taking time to reflect on your career will help you get clear about what you’re feeling related to your role and determine what you want to do next.
This kind of review is an inward journey that requires full presence and time to yield valuable insight. Key elements of the process are self-awareness, tough questions and journaling.
Journaling offers a visual foundation to build upon and space to gain balanced perspective. The point of the process is to move from pre-contemplation, unaware or only vaguely aware, to contemplation, aware and seriously thinking about making changes.
This is where the tough questions come in. The answers we need are behind the questions we ask.
Here are a few examples of questions I ask clients during a Career ReTHINK session.
- How would you describe your relationship with your career?
- What kind of future motivates you?
- What challenges are you currently facing that you think a change to your career could resolve?
- What 5 things do you want from your career? How committed are you to getting them?
- What kind of work does the best version of you do?
If you would like to take your career exploration to the next level click here to schedule a free inquiry call to see if a Career ReTHINK session is the next best step for you and your career.