Gallup Daily tells us only 33% of of U.S. employees are engaged at work. Where do you fall on the spectrum? Are you among the 1/3 who are engaged or in the midst of the 67% who are disengaged?
Despite the data, employee engagement has barely budged in well over a decade.
If you find yourself amongst the disengaged, here are some ideas on ways to take charge of your own engagement
- Keep a gratitude journal at work and keep an eye out for things you are grateful for
- Set an intention to be more engaged
- Tune into your thoughts. Thoughts trigger feelings and people change based upon how they feel.
- Problem solve. Ask yourself what you can do to be part of the solution.
- Keep track of your successes
- Take responsibility for what you have control of